A photo is worth a 1,000 words when showing the results of your efforts, and they bring us all to the table together, so to speak.
Use the following steps to add photographs to your posts.
(1) Store your images on your hard disk using the methods appropriate for your camera.
(2) Resize your image for display in forums. Generally images as they come from your digital camera are much too large to properly display. If you already have photograph editing software, reduce the size to 640x480 pixels or smaller. High resolution isn’t needed. Images at 72 dpi are ideal for use on the Internet. If you don’t have editing software, download this free software program
(3) Upload your photograph to your choice of hosts. For example, ImageShack
is a free hosting site. Registration is optional. However, if you register, you’ll have access to all of your previously uploaded photographs.
(4) Image Shack offers the option of using Thumbnails or full size versions of your photos in the forums. Thumbnails are small versions that display quickly in a post. Readers can click on the thumbnail to see a larger version. If you have several photos to display in a post, using thumbnails is the best choice. This gives your readers the opportunity to select which images they want to further examine. And, your post doesn’t slow down the forum’s response time, as it would with several large photo’s in your post.
Please note that the ** are in place so that it does not become an image like the one above.
(5) In order to post your photo, you’ll need the address of the image at your host. Use your browser’s copy/paste function to copy the address to your clipboard.
Image Shack Images:
For full size display copy the embeddable code for “Forums” (1st choice)
For thumbnails copy the Thumbnail code for “Forums” (2nd choice).
(5) Paste the address into the body of the post that you’re creating. When using Image Shack code, nothing else needs to be done.
If the address of a photo doesn’t have IMG tags, add them after you paste the address into your message. Highlight the address, then, click on [url=[IMG] in the list of options for formatting your post.
For example to display: http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/cake.gif
Highlight the link, then click on Img just above the message body block.
That will change your link to this. [**img]http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/cake.gif[/img**]
If you have any questions about this, feel free to PM info@workman or email email@example.com
. We'll work through it together.