It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: REVIEW: Home-style Macaroni and Cheese
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:52 am 

I have made the Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, p 263, numerous times. It’s definitely a hit in my family and for every guest I’ve made it for. I usually add a little dried mustard and quite a bit of fresh cracked pepper, restaurant-style. I have used different types of cheese, whatever I have on hand, usually it’s Kraft Classic Melts (American and Cheddar mixed shredded). I have made it with or without the bread crumb topping, and it’s good both ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:12 pm 

Hi Juliebean, and welcome.
My family loves this too. Dry mustard is definitely an "always add" for us, too, and I have been know to throw in some minced garlic on occasion.
KathyB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:35 pm 

Hi! ladies, :D

Julie, thanks for the review along with your tips to enhance the dish.

:lol: Kathy, a little garlic here and there is always welcome when it comes to the savory things. I too, have a tendency to add it, and it's all my Mother's fault, because so did she. It simply gives it that bit of added punch, doesn't it?

I like to keep some cheeses and pastas on hand, along with a bit of a variety of soups even though most are high in sodium, because it's so easy to quickly throw together another dish if someone is either in a hurry, or someone unexpected comes, and if properly stored those things really aren't that perishable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:19 am 

I'm so happy to see a review on this. When the weekly dinner menu was being made yesterday this was a "maybe" on our list. We didn't add it for this week, but we will definitely have it next week!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:14 am 

I just made this one on Thursday. Quick and easy, and the kids loved it. The refrigerated Alfredo sauce is one of those items I'd never tried before I got the Dinner Doctor.

It's not too hard to make homemade cheese sauce, but this tastes good and saves me another pot to clean.