Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 47 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 57 minutes
This is a terrific, all-purpose pound cake recipe. Notice the added flour because the 18.25-ounce cake mixes are now 16.5 ounces. If you want to turn this into a lemon pound cake, substitute 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon zest (from one large lemon) for the almond extract and use the juice from the lemon for some of the water.
- Vegetable oil spray for misting the pan
- Flour for dusting the pan
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) plain butter recipe golden cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour (1.75 ounces)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Place a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly mist a 10-inch tube pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix and flour in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add the cream cheese, eggs, water, sugar, oil, vanilla, and almond extract. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 1½ to 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula. Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, 40 to 47 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake, invert it onto a rack, then invert it onto a serving platter so that it is right side up. Slice and serve.
- Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
- Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free
- The Dinner Doctor
- What Can I Bring?
The doctor's back, and now she's curing dinner woes! Anne Byrn, the award-winning food writer and author of The Cake Mix Doctor and Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor does for dinner what she did for dessert-shows how to take common, convenient supermarket ingredients and turn them into meals that taste like they're made from scratch.Read More...