Easy Brownie Cookies
2 1/2 dozen
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour time chill
Cook Time: 10 to 15
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
For a perfect shape, allow the dough to chill 1 hour before scooping into balls and baking. These cookies are delicious and very chocolatey. Feel free to add a pinch of cinnamon or ground espresso powder to the dough. Or, you could add a pinch of cinnamon to the confectioners’ sugar before rolling the cookie dough balls.
- 1 package (16 ounces) brownie mix
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Confectioners’ sugar for rolling balls of dough
- Place the brownie mix and flour in a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine. Add the melted butter and egg and either stir with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together or blend with a mixer on low speed. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scoop or spoon the dough into 1-inch rounds and roll in the confectioners’ sugar. Place the dough rounds onto a baking sheet, spaced 2 inches apart, and place in the oven. Bake until the cookies rise but are still a little soft in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. You want them crisp around the edges but chewy. Let them rest on the pan for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
- Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free
- The Dinner Doctor
- What Can I Bring?