Easy Brownie Cookies
2 1/2 dozen
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour time chill
Cook Time: 10 to 15
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
For a perfect shape, allow the dough to chill 1 hour before scooping into balls and baking. These cookies are delicious and very chocolatey. Feel free to add a pinch of cinnamon or ground espresso powder to the dough. Or, you could add a pinch of cinnamon to the confectioners’ sugar before rolling the cookie dough balls.
- 1 package (16 ounces) brownie mix
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Confectioners’ sugar for rolling balls of dough
- Place the brownie mix and flour in a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine. Add the melted butter and egg and either stir with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together or blend with a mixer on low speed. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scoop or spoon the dough into 1-inch rounds and roll in the confectioners’ sugar. Place the dough rounds onto a baking sheet, spaced 2 inches apart, and place in the oven. Bake until the cookies rise but are still a little soft in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. You want them crisp around the edges but chewy. Let them rest on the pan for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
- Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free
- The Dinner Doctor
- What Can I Bring?
What could be better than a phenomenon? The return of a phenomenon. Ten years ago Anne Byrn's The Cake Mix Doctor began its extraordinary run as one of the most popular baking books of all time. Now Anne Byrn is back with the all-new Cake Mix Doctor Returns!Read More...