Fresh Banana Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Bake 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
You need a cup of mashed ripe bananas – two large or three small bananas – to make 12 muffins. Don’t worry if you have a little less or more than a cup, the recipe will turn out just fine! I sometimes add a pinch of cinnamon to the batter to give the muffins a morning pick-me-up. If you don’t keep fresh buttermilk at least keep a container of the buttermilk powder on hand. I use one tablespoon powder and three tablespoons water when I don’t have three tablespoons fresh buttermilk. Or you can substitute 3 tablespoons regular milk mixed with a half teaspoon lemon juice.
- 12 paper liners for the muffin pan
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed bananas (from 2 large or three small bananas)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, if desired
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the muffin pan with 12 paper liners (or lightly grease and flour the pan and omit the liners).
- Place the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Add the sugar and stir to combine. Add the oil, buttermilk, eggs, mashed banana, and cinnamon, if desired, and stir until the mixture is smooth but just blended, 50 to 60 strokes. Scoop the batter into the muffin liners, filling them very full. Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the muffins until they are golden brown and the tops spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and let the muffins cool in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully transfer the muffins to a wire rack until cool enough to handle.
- Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
- Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free
- The Dinner Doctor
- What Can I Bring?
As the Cake Mix Doctor and America’s bestselling baking author, Anne Byrn shows home bakers how to turn prepackaged cake mix into cake magnificence. But when it comes to frostings, she insists on making them from scratch.Read More...