Gluten-Free Baked Apricots
8 to 12 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 48 to 52 minutes
Total Time: 58 to 62 minutes
Love this casserole with roasted turkey or ham. It will appeal to everyone – gluten-free or not. Look for the best-quality gluten-free crackers you can find. Glutino round buttery crackers work well. You can make the apricot casserole up to 5 hours ahead; leave it on the countertop before baking, but do not refrigerate it.
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) canned apricot halves in heavy syrup
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, or more to taste
- 1 ¼ cups crushed round gluten-free crackers (32 crackers)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Drain the apricot halves and set aside ¼ cup of the syrup. Place half of the apricots cut side up in the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar over the apricots, then top the brown sugar with 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Repeat the layers with the remaining apricot halves, brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon, and cracker crumbs. Pour the reserved ¼ cup of apricot syrup evenly over the top and distribute the butter by teaspoonfuls on top.
- Bake the apricots until they are bubbly and the top has lightly browned, 48 to 52 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven and let the apricots rest for about 10 minutes before serving.They are best served shortly after being baked because the topping will be crunchy. Any leftovers can be refrigerated covered for up to 3 days.
- Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
- Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free
- The Dinner Doctor
- What Can I Bring?
Thirty million Americans are gluten-intolerant or have a gluten sensitivity, eliminating it from their diets because gluten—a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley—has been implicated in health issues ranging from respiratory problems and abdominal discomfort to anemia, anxiety, and infertility.Read More...