Snickerdoodle Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 1 package (15 ounces) yellow gluten-free cake mix
- 1/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick), cut into tablespoons
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar (see below)
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375˚F. Set aside 2 ungreased baking sheets.
- Place the cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse once to combine. Add the butter to the processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly, 15 to 20 pulses. Add the egg and vanilla and pulse until the dough comes together in a large ball, 10 pulses.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and arrange 12 balls on each baking sheet, 2 to 3 inches apart. Sprinkle the top of each ball of dough with a little of the cinnamon sugar. If you want crisp 3-inch cookies, press down on the balls with the bottom of a small glass to flatten them. If you prefer chewy 2 1/2-inch cookies, do not flatten the balls of dough.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake the cookies until golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes. Using a metal spatula, immediately transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely, 15 minutes.
- Keep it fresh! Store the cookies in a cookie jar or tin at room temperature for up to a week. Freeze the cookies, wrapped in aluminum foil or in a resealable plastic bag for one month. Let the cookies thaw on the kitchen counter overnight before serving.
- To make your own cinnamon sugar, stir 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon into 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Spoon the mixture into a clean spice jar with a shaker lid and store it with your spices.
- Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
- Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor
- The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free
- The Dinner Doctor
- What Can I Bring?
What could be better than a phenomenon? The return of a phenomenon. Ten years ago Anne Byrn's The Cake Mix Doctor began its extraordinary run as one of the most popular baking books of all time. Now Anne Byrn is back with the all-new Cake Mix Doctor Returns!Read More...